Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Naturbad Amstetten: a Review of the Pool and Brainstorming Session

A few weeks ago, I discovered Amstetten's public swimming pool.

Not thinking much of swimming in a pool...especially since these sorts of things are hit or miss...I had actually known about the pool since November, but decided not to go. I was afraid it would be dozens of screaming children running around scantily clad and under light (if sometimes nonexistent) supervision by parents and/or babysitters.

Nevertheless, I decided to check it out. Spurred into a new fitness kick, I thought I would take up swimming again after a LONG hiatus (by "long" I'm talking a couple of years). And I was pleasantly surprised - at first - by the lack of screaming children, the sauna/steam room/whirlpool/restaurant areas...and the fact that there are massages available as well (for an added fee). At the slick price of €3.50 for an hour and a half, or €7 for four hours, this is possibly the best thing to do in Amstetten,

There are other, free things to do in Amstetten, such as going to church or going for a walk. Depending on your tastes, attitude and cash flow, I can recommend certain enjoyable activities: grocery shopping, drinking and going to the CCA (City Center Amstetten, i.e. the mall)...going for a gelato at the Cafe Excel, loitering in front of the ATOLL skate park/Jugendzentrum, and going to a musical and/or theatrical evening at the Pölz Halle...and now, I think I've covered each and every activity to partake in in Amstetten.

1 comment:

  1. One more: riding the train to Blindenmarkt and walking back. It'll kill a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete