Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Beggars in Vienna

Translation - Beggar: Spare some change?
Man w/dog: Come, Hercules, let's leave the man a donation and save ourselves the baggy.


I must have one of those faces.

You know, those gullible, sappy, emotive faces that scream "I am a pushover." Because in Vienna, I keep getting approached by bums who want my spare change.

Not only this, when I decline and say I don't have any, they push and say, "Oh, but you have a bank card? You could go to an ATM and get money out and go buy me groceries."

To which I normally say, "Are you kidding?"

In most cases, they are not, so I have on occasion had to tell them I would call the police if they followed me - one guy did.

Am I being too mean to the beggars? At least I don't leave them dog poop.

2 comments:

  1. P.S. Take my poll to answer the question!
    I'm curious what you think! ------------------>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Result from the poll: Is V.C. too mean to bums?

    0% YES! Always give to those in need.

    75% No way! I'd call the police too if someone followed me down the street.

    0% Not really. Everyone is mean to bums.

    25% Maybe. Share another story and then I'll decide...

    Thanks to those who answered!

    ReplyDelete