Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

One More Month

On June 8, I will be flying back to the United States for the summer. Although I'm sure with time and distance I will miss Vienna terribly, I am currently very happy with my ticket purchase and - more importantly - with my decision to go home.

I've been debating whether or not to do the summer camp for a second year. I decided against it, since, when I'm honest with myself, I am quite homesick. My parents are coming to visit on May 25, and that will cheer me up. I thought I might want a bit of time to myself after they left, perhaps another week to say goodbye to Vienna on my own. My living situation unfortunately does not allow for that, so my decisions are not my own, at least not entirely.

Since this is my last year with the teaching program, and I have not pursued a means to stay in Austria, I will not be coming back to Vienna to live anytime soon, but I will be in Europe (France) again next year. After some thought, I've decided this feels right to me. I need a familiar change in my life. That sounds like an oxymoron, but it's not. I need a situation different from the one I'm in, but not so different that it will be worse. Thus, I would like to do something I'm familiar with, but haven't done before. This precludes moving back home to Green Bay, at least permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment