Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Snow!

Winter has come to Amstetten.



And, as I'm sure you can guess, to much of the rest of Europe as well - lots of snow and cold and worldwide reports of mega ice and snow storms (or so my mother told me in a panic, worrying that I had frozen to death in some snow drift between here and Krakow...)


On the way to school




 Here are some pictures I took while the snow fell a couple of days ago. We have a little less than a foot on the ground now...as far as I can guesstimate - right before I left for Poland, it had snowed four days in a row...







I mostly took pictures around school...finally remembering to put my camera in my bag!!!!

And seeing as it was snowing, I didn't want to take too many pictures. When I was in Dresden a few years ago, I took pictures in the rain, and that shorted out my camera. I'm trying to be more careful with my electronics.





So enjoy! The photos are pretty representative of what I see every day...and, according to the locals, will see every day for the next four months. At least while I'm in Amstetten...

No comments:

Post a Comment