Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I want a bike

I want a bike.
Bike by BMW - a bit out of my price range

Although this sounds impractical considering winter is right around the corner (and it could begin to snow any day now in Amstetten), having a bike would improve my mobility.

I would not have to walk everywhere. I could take the bike trails instead of the same old ski/hiking trail next to St. Stephen's in Amstetten which is not actually a continuous trail, and thus annoys the hell out of me.


I could take the bike trail along the Danube that goes to Hungary! It takes four days to make one leg of the trip, and as I've mentioned, it could snow any day now. But if I had a bike, I could do it. If I get a bike in spring, I can do it!

bike trail in Hungary
If I had a bike, I would not have to take the train to the little towns around Amstetten, like Waidhofen, or Wels, or Krems a.d. Donau, or Melk, or wherever else I might find myself - those itty bitty places that aren't more than a bakery and a row of houses. Wouldn't that be fun??

Anyway, I need a bike. I don't even have a bike at home. Well, I do, but it's my sister's (sorry, Sam. you knew I used it when you weren't home anyway, right?) and I want my own bike when I leave home for real (not for nine months on a scholarship...somehow thinking about what I'm going to do when I get back takes the magic out of being here...trying really hard not to do that, but a gal's gotta be realistic, right?) and I really want a bike, but I don't want to buy an outrageously expensive one here and then have to pay some exorbitant shipping fee when I want to bring it home. But I also don't want to buy a cheapo bike that will break down on me in the middle of Hungary (if I do decide to take the trail...which, considering, is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, right?) because my Hungarian is really not that good...by that, I mean nonexistent (well, I can do the important things like introduce myself and order a glass of wine, which counts for something, right?) and, well, life is an adventure and needs to be executed as such.

Right??

I want a bike.

1 comment:

  1. 1) You get a bike. 2) I come visit. 3) We rent me a bike. 4) I bike the trail in Hungary with you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete